Saturday, October 26, 2013

Back to school - September classroom

Time to go back to school! I teach a 4 year old Preschool class with a teaching partner and an aide, and I love it!
Here are a few shots of my classroom during set-up.

I created this welcome board outside of the classroom door. Each child has a uniquely decorated fish with their name on it:



Inside the classroom, my back to school bulletin board:



Handmade felt tree mounted on a small bulletin board that holds our name tags. I stuffed it slightly with batting to make it puffy and give it some dimension. In the morning when the children are arriving, this board is lifted down and set up at the classroom door where we greet them and take attendance. Though we do not need name tags anymore, we still use them, as it has become part of the morning ritual and helps with name recognition.



Science Center - Stocked with rabbit pelts, giant evergreen cone, rocks, minerals and petrified wood with two types of scales, large magnet, bone, big teeth with dental care accessories, and color lenses, mirrors and magnifiers. These selections will be rotated as time progresses and our interests change. I studied Science Education at Humboldt State University, and I Love this area!



Newly rearranged Art Area: 
(There used to be Huge shelves blocking most of the windows, and that was the FIRST thing that I had to change!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment