Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Morning Slime

This was a morning where I was dying for an easy going, slow to start, hang out session at home. My 6 year old, however, was on pace for the Indy 500 and realllllly needed something to occupy him and take it down a few notches!

So, as fast as my coffee starved brain could compute, I thought ..... Slime! I gathered up the ingredients and we went to town creating the recipe.

He has really been on a recipe and cooking kick lately and wants to have cooking competitions and pressure tests in the style of Masterchef Junior every day after school.

Recipe + Sensory = Success! 

I made this recipe from Family Fun for my Nursery School class the week of Halloween and it needed some tweaking because it turned out more like crumbly rubber, without the slow, drippy give that it should have. I figured that was the result of too much Borax, so I dialed it back and it came out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment